I have to write while I’m still on a high of how well God provides for us! Language victories are the best of all I think. When you can communicate and not necessarily feel at a loss for words in another language, its a great feeling. Tonight I had such a good time with a local friend, both of us were in kind of funny moods and when she invited me home after practice for Sunday morning, I said sure. We had a great conversation! It was the first conversation with her that I didn’t feel at a loss for words, and I felt like could express my heart. For me that’s a victory. I really like talking with her, because I feel like we understand each other’s hearts and what our Father is doing in our lives, she’s mature and also a leader and there is so much we can talk about. Usually I feel a strong lack of words to talk with her about what I want to, and usually I can’t exactly understand everything, and it leaves me very tired; but tonight it was all different praise God! We had such a good time, and we both left in better moods!
The other victory is that I can read in Russian now, like really read! A couple weeks ago on Sunday morning I realized that I actually understood what was written in the Bible rather than just guessing the meaning from what I remembered from English, and then for one of my classes I have to read Anna Karenina and I bought a copy in Russian, and I sat down and realized I could read that too, and not just pretend to read it!!! And on top of it all it isn’t tiring!! Of course I don’t understand everything, and sometimes its just gathering a general understanding of what’s going on, and a lot of words I look up in the dictionary, but all the same I can read rather comfortably!
So tonight I’m happy. Victories do come; it is possible to learn a new language and all the study time pays off eventually, and it gives me such motivation for continuing to study so that I can even more accurately express myself!
25 February 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hey! praise the L! I wish I could say that about Urdu...but not yet. Of course that could be cause I spend all day teaching English and not learning Urdu! Keep writing. I love to read what's going on with you.
Yeah!!! A whole lot better than Latin and Spanish :)
Love you lots,
Mom
Post a Comment