15 October 2006

okay, I got the hint


So my mom told to update on her most recent update...I guess it has been a while, so that's why I've posted three times today, maybe that will make up for the lost time. Well It's not that perfect posts haven't been going through my head, like lice and Hep A, or why a pair of black pants are so essential to city life, or how much food I can prepare in 2.5 hours, but life just hasn't permited, because I've been shopping for that pair of essential black pants, and other clothes for the fall, and I've been trying to cook for four, and I've been teaching flute and learning Kyrgyz and playing my flute and the list goes on....but today I'm praising God because I caught a cold.

I don't normally get excited when I catch a cold, but I haven't had a chance to catch my breath in the last 6 weeks and so I really needed a couple of days to regroup for the next 6 weeks, and catching a cold gave me a great excuse to relax and figure out life, and fortunately it hasn't prevented me from getting stuff done. Actually I had the most productive day ever today...a nice long quiet time, finished knitting my brother a hat, went to the store for food, made lentil soup, bread, cookies, and calzones, posted on my blog site, did three loads of laundry, and clean my room and its only 5:15 PM. So I think I'm ready for the week now!!!

So highlights of the last six weeks are that teaching is going well. I have 9 students and teach for about 11 hours a week. It started a little rough, but every week it is getting better and I'm getting more organized and my students and I are getting used to each other. I'm still playing my flute a lot too, and my friends and I from church have had the opportunity to play at several different events so that's been a lot of work but exciting too. Kyrgyz is going well too, I had a couple weeks of frustration but I'm encouraged again so as long as I can keep going for a little while longer then it should really start to come together and make sense. Living with three girls is also going well, it has its moments of stress but in general its great! And I think that about covers it. Hopefully I'll get a little better with posting more frequently:-)

No comments: