15 October 2006
Why you should never get Hep A in Kyrgyzstan
Okay, so when the doctors told me I should get my shots before coming I did it cause I had no choice, but I didn't actually think it was that important, but then after a little conversation with my roommates I realized why...Do you know how they treat Hep A in Kyrgyzzstan? They make you swallow live lice which supposedly live until they reach your liver where they eat the virus. They actually sell lice in the pharmacies here, and there are people that breed lice for medical purposes. Doesn't it make you feel better to know they are sanitary lice, not picked off of someones head? So now I'm really glad that I got a Hep A shot and believe me I'll be staying on top of my shots from now on:-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mmmm I wonder how they treat that in Pakistan....
I can finally see your blog again! All blogspots are usually inaccessible in Pak so I've got my catching up to do. :) I can post on mine but I can't ever see it.
I'm happy you took the doc's advice on Hep A shots...
Post a Comment