19 December 2005

Christmas is here at my apartment and Santa is coming to the New Salem fire station


New Salem News Flash!!! Santa is coming to town, and Nargiza and I figured if we left now, we might make it time...plus we'd miss her six exams she has in the next two days, the 13 people I have to feed pizza to tomorrow night, my exam on Wednesday and a plethora of other festive events! So expect to see us there:-) We wish!!

So yeah we have a Christmas tree...its small and I almost didn't get one, but after speaking to my random Canadian friend I realized I had to have a tree cause its not Christmas without a tree. So thanks Travis! We have many random ornaments but the best idea of the year goes to my roommate...buying candy, stringing them up and making them into ornaments, then when ever someone is hungry they can just pull one off the tree....similar to our candy canes but with a definite central asian flair!

So as the first paragraph indicates this week is crazy for the two of us... Nargiza has 8 exams, we have a big Charity concert we're helping with, I found out two hours ago that I'm feeding 13 people not 6 for dinner tomorrow night....I already did my shopping but it looks like I'll be doing some more:-) I have an exam on Wednesday, scales and etudes on the flute!!, plus have to figure out where to squeeze in Russian and making Christmas cookies...But what's life without excitement!!

Life is back to being warm here today was +10 Celsius or 50 F. Beautiful weather...clear, the mountains are beautiful...but definitely not Christmasy:-( maybe God will send a big snowstorm just for Christmas!! Okay enough of my randomness...but it accurately represents my life right now!

1 comment:

Jon said...

Yay im glad you got a blog! Snow makes everything look pretty. Unfortunately it never snows in florida and I doubt it'll snow in Tucson.