07 February 2006

Spring is here!!!




Well I don't know if spring is really here, but today was a glorious spring day. It was about 60 degrees and sunny and the birds were singing and you could smell spring in the air. Its still early for winter to be over, or at least every one says that, so I'm not getting my hopes up yet but I'm still enjoying the glorious weather, epecially cause its been so cloudy here for so long. I love sunshine!

But God is good, and he gave me the opportunity to go sledding!!! And I think the hills here might even top the hill at the camp in New York. So I kind of don't want winter to be over cause I want to go sledding again:-) you can see some pictures! The only downside was that there were no sleds so it was on plastic bags with pillows inside. And somehow that doesn't give much padding, so the next day my backside hurt a lot!!! But the fun was worth the pain. The other downside was trying to avoid the horse poop, because there were lots of Kyrgyz ridding on horses there too, and so at the bottom of the hill the was a lot of stuff that I didn't want to be able to identify!! But the rush going down was worth it all! Oh notice in the picture we had a picnic half way through the afternoon, only in Kyrgyzstan do they have a picnic in winter at the top of a sledding hill....tea, bread, sausage, potates, cookies and all. Wow!!

Other than sledding, life is going on as normal here, just trying to keep up with music and language and church. Trying to figure out if I want to move, trying to figure out if I'll be a real student at the conservatory next year, trying to figure out how to best manage my time...the same old questions we all have. Life isn't so different here, and now I'm feeling very settled here, and it doesn't bother me that half my life is carried out in another language, sometimes I don't even notice what language I'm speaking in. So praise God that life half way around can eventually seem normal:-) Okay have to run and study Kyrgyz, which by the way is such a fun language...I love the way it feels running off my tonuge, even though I hardly know what I'm saying:-)

1 comment:

Jon said...

I am SOOOOO jealous... Hills and snow and sledding.

Course 60 degree's is a cold day here.

I'll gladly trade you my warm weather for your snow!!!